At Hollydale we are incredibly proud of our school council!
The council is elected each year and consists of two representatives from Year 3 to Year 6. Our aim is to work together with each other, with our classmates and teachers and with the governors and parents to make our school the best it can be!
School Council meet fortnightly to shares ideas on how we can improve the school and to take the lead on a range of events and campaigns across the school.
What kind of person makes a good school councillor?
• Good listener – everyone in the class has to feel comfortable talking to you
• Organised – it will be your responsibility to make sure meetings happen in your class on a regular basis
• Assertive – the opinions of your class are just as important as everyone else’s
• Efficient – class discussions must cover a lot of issues in a short space of time
• Fair – everyone has the right to express a point of view
• Good communicator – you need to be able to work with staff and students from across the school, and also visitors to the school might want to talk to you.
If you have any suggestions that you would like to be considered by School Council please speak to your Class Representative listed below.
Cedar Class- Year 3 - Jeremiah Tuitt Urhiewu, Alexia Dobre
Chestnut Class- Year 3/4- Alpha Jakiteh, Isabella Tabatabai
Birch Class- Year 4- Gurveer Singh, K’Andre Rochester
Hazel Class- Year 5- Mariam Laoye, Tomi Obilana
Maple Class- Year 5- Alexis Huaman, Elizabeth Bennett
Willow Class- Year 6- Jevaughn Rowe, Riyan Osman