At Hollydale we want to establish a culture that enables and encourages all children to play and enjoy sport.
To achieve this we:
- Employ a dedicated specialist sports coach who works both in class and with children at playtime.
- Employ a dedicated sports coach to work with children at playtime and during after school club.
- Have a number of high quality after-school clubs offering a wide variety of sporting opportunities.
- Enter numerous inter-school sport competitions.
- Constantly developing our PE programme
We aim to:
- Provide additional training and coaching for children in school teams to develop their skills.
- Continue to support inter-school sport competitions to provide further competitive opportunities for children.
- Continue to hold an exciting and memorable sports days.
- Continue to offer school journey in Year 6 where the primary focus is on adventurous physical activity.
- Continue to offer swimming lessons to children in KS2.
Primary Schools Sports Funding
The Government is providing £150 million per annum for academic years 2014-2020 to improve provision of PE and sport in primary schools. This funding can only be spent on sport and PE provision. Schools receive a lump sum of £8,000 plus year plus £5 per pupil.